Useful to know
When renting a dumpster we regularly receive questions about ordering, renting, paying and returning the dumpster. Below you will find a list of the most frequently asked questions. Also read our blogs with tips on renting a dumpster to make sure you don't have any hassle around your purchase.
How does ordering work?
Choose your desired waste type and container size. Click on the icon as shown to the right to see which waste types are or are not allowed in the dumpster of your choice. Then click on the "Order" icon behind the desired container.
Check that all the details of your order in your shopping cart are correct. Do you have a discount code? Then you can also fill it in on this page. The discount will be automatically processed in the price. Keep an eye on our homepage and social media channels for discount codes. Then click on "Continue with ordering".
Enter your details and delivery address. Not sure yet how long you want to rent the container? Then it's good to know that you can use the container up to 8 weeks free of rent. Fill in a date that is 7 to 8 weeks after the placement date. At a later time you can change this date by letting us know via the chat. You can also email us about this at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone at 085-048 61 00. Is everything filled in correctly, click on "Proceed to payment".
Choose the desired payment method and complete the payment. Once the payment is completed, you will receive a confirmation and invoice via email. The chosen payment method can then no longer be changed.
If you have any questions during the ordering process, please ask them via the chat. We are also available via email and telephone number 085-048 61 00.
Do I need an account?
What payment options are available?
All payment methods offered by Spelt Waste Container are:
- Apple pay
Can the order still be changed?
Will I receive an invoice?
You will receive an invoice in the order confirmation after the payment is completed, this invoice is attached. If you have an account on Spelt Afvalcontainer, you can also find an overview of all your invoices here.
Are there any additional costs?
How much is the cancellation fee?
Delivery and Collection
When will the container be delivered if I order now?
If you order the container before 11:59 p.m., it will be delivered the very next business day.
Will I be notified when the container is placed?
Can I specify a specific time for delivery of the dumpster?
What time will my container be placed?
Do I need to be present when placing or picking up the container?
Container not delivered or picked up by appointment?
Ordered a container for construction and demolition waste, but it only contains rubble?
Please notify customer service at email@example.com or 085-048 61 00. They will adjust this for you and credit the amount or ask you to transfer money. Please indicate this before the container is disposed of. For example, if there is construction and demolition debris in a dumpster, there will be an after-tax charge for this.
How long can the container be left?
When you rent a container from Spelt waste container, 8 weeks of rent are included. If you need the container longer, it will cost an additional €10 rental per week. If you would like to leave the container longer, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or send Saar a chat.
How do I have my container picked up or changed?
If you wish to have the container collected it will be done on the date indicated on the form. If the container is full earlier or later than the indicated date, you can easily contact email@example.com or send Saar a chat. The new disposal date will then be discussed with you.
When you want to change a container, you can place a new order on the webshop. Further in the ordering process you can indicate that you still have a full container.
What will be done with my waste?
- Spelt Afvalinzameling b.v. Nieuwveen
- Van der Kooij Afvalinzameling b.v. Schiedam
- Van Dijk Afvalinzameling b.v. Cuijk and Heerenveen
Arriving at the recycling sites, the separation of the waste begins, from large fractions to smaller and smaller fractions. This is done in particular with the innovative technologies such as the waste sorting plant. After sorting the waste, the recycling process begins. Where the waste is a source of new raw materials. Here are some examples:
- Debris is processed into certified mixed granulate, a commonly used raw material for asphalt paving.
- Green waste is converted to compost (soil improver) and biomass (alternative fuel).
- Paper, plastic, wood and iron are transported to an approved final processor. There, new products are made from these raw materials.
Want to know more about how we sustainably reuse your waste? Then read our blog post.
What is allowed in the container?
Construction and demolition waste
- Permitted: Debris, wood, metals, plastics, paper/cardboard, bulky household waste and insulation material.
- Not allowed: asbestos, hazardous waste, liquids, soil.
- The following are permitted: Concrete rubble, masonry rubble (bricks), mortar, roof tiles and sand-lime brick.
- Not allowed: Gas concrete, gypsum, asbestos, soot contamination, roofing gravel.
- Allowed: Painted and unpainted (hard) and glued wood.
- Not allowed: Garden wood, burned and rotten wood.
Green and garden waste
- Allowed: Branches, shrubs, plants, tree trunks, leaves, reeds and grass.
- Not allowed: Soil and garden wood.
- Allowed: Visually clean soil/sand from unsuspicious location.
- Not permitted: Soil foreign material.
- Permitted: Sofas, (garden) furniture, carpeting (maximum 10% by bulky waste), textiles, wood, metal.
- Not allowed: white goods, hazardous waste, household electrical appliances, mattresses.
Want to know more about what is and isn't allowed in bulky waste containers? Then read our blog about it.
Is the waste you want to throw in the container not listed? Please contact us via the online chat box in our webshop, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 085-048 61 00. We can then quickly assist you in making the right choice.